|Chipper Housing Opening
|Feeding System Feed
|3 Point Hitch
|Discharge Hood Rotation
|Discharge Hood Height
The BX92RS Hydraulic PTO Wood Chipper has a 9″ chipper capacity and a 10.5″ x 14″ chipper housing opening and is fitted with a 125kg heavyweight Rotor. This model Wood Chipper has a direct hydraulic feed from the tractor hydraulic rear connection plugs.
Direct PTO drive that operates as a fix drive system and without the use of gears and belt drives and this model is fitted standard with easily replaceable blades by removing 3 removable bolt for simple and easy access to the top half of housing and the hopper can also be fully opened with 2 removable bolts.
This model Wood Chipper has a full hydraulic feed system that allows for fast, medium or slow flow rate settings and with its 3 feed setting options from feed direction of forward, reverse and neutral settings.
The Hydraulic model allows for consistent chipping as the Hydraulic System has double support arms from both sides of the internal hopper with drive force from its hydraulic motor and with a Dual Barrel System that enables dragging motion for consistent cutting.
The Hydraulic Feed Chipper model is a simple and low maintenance chipper and able to handle the hardest and knotted wood.
A whole complete set of production equipment lead to short lead time and better prices of machine.
Guarantee 1 year warranty of all our products.
Produce machines according to any requirements from our customers.
New machines will be developed every year.
Every model of our machine will be tested before the delivery to the port.
If you want to visit our factory, our boss will give you a best reception.
Beautiful gifts will be provided for all of our customers before every year’s Christmas.
Work shop and office:
|Within One Hour
|No. of Knives:
Can PTO shafts be adapted for use in both agricultural and industrial settings?
Yes, PTO (Power Take-Off) shafts can be adapted for use in both agricultural and industrial settings. While PTO shafts are commonly associated with agricultural machinery, they are versatile components that can be utilized in various applications beyond the agricultural sector. With appropriate modifications and considerations, PTO shafts can effectively transfer power in industrial settings as well. Here’s a detailed explanation of how PTO shafts can be adapted for both agricultural and industrial use:
1. Standard PTO Shaft Design: PTO shafts have a standardized design that allows for compatibility and interchangeability across different equipment and machinery. This standardization enables PTO shafts to be used in various applications, including both agricultural and industrial settings. The basic components of a PTO shaft, such as the universal joints, splined shafts, and protective guards, remain consistent, regardless of the specific application. This consistency allows for easy adaptation and integration into different machinery and equipment.
2. Shaft Length and Sizing: PTO shafts can be customized in terms of length and sizing to suit specific requirements in both agricultural and industrial settings. The length of the shaft can be adjusted to accommodate different distances between the power source and the driven machinery. This flexibility allows for optimal power transmission and ensures compatibility with various equipment setups. Similarly, the sizing of the PTO shaft, including the diameter and splined shaft specifications, can be tailored to meet the torque and power requirements of different applications, whether in agriculture or industry.
3. Power Requirements: PTO shafts are designed to transfer power from a power source to driven machinery. In agricultural settings, the power source is typically a tractor or other agricultural vehicles, while in industrial settings, it can be an engine, motor, or power unit specific to the industry. PTO shafts can be adapted to handle different power requirements by considering factors such as torque capacity, rotational speed, and the specific demands of the machinery or equipment being driven. By selecting the appropriate PTO shaft based on the power requirements, the shaft can effectively transfer power in both agricultural and industrial applications.
4. Safety Considerations: Safety is a critical aspect of PTO shaft design and usage, regardless of the application. PTO shafts incorporate safety features such as protective guards and shields to prevent accidental contact with rotating components. These safety measures are essential in agricultural and industrial settings to minimize the risk of entanglement, injury, or damage. Adapting PTO shafts for industrial use may require additional safety considerations based on the specific hazards present in industrial environments. However, the core safety principles and features of PTO shafts can be applied and adapted to ensure safe operation in both settings.
5. Specialized Attachments: PTO shafts can be equipped with specialized attachments or adapters to accommodate different driven machinery or equipment. In agricultural settings, PTO shafts commonly connect to implements such as mowers, balers, or sprayers. In industrial settings, PTO shafts may be adapted to connect to various industrial machinery, including pumps, generators, compressors, or conveyors. These specialized attachments ensure compatibility and efficient power transfer between the PTO shaft and the driven equipment, allowing for seamless integration in both agricultural and industrial applications.
6. Environmental Considerations: PTO shafts can be adapted to address specific environmental conditions in both agricultural and industrial settings. For example, in agricultural applications, PTO shafts may need to withstand exposure to dirt, dust, moisture, and varying weather conditions. Industrial settings may have their unique environmental challenges, such as exposure to chemicals, high temperatures, or abrasive materials. By selecting PTO shaft materials, protective coatings, and seals suitable for the specific environment, the shafts can be adapted to ensure reliable and durable performance in various settings.
7. Compliance with Standards: PTO shafts, whether used in agricultural or industrial settings, need to comply with relevant safety standards and regulations. Manufacturers adhere to guidelines and requirements set by organizations such as the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) or other regional safety authorities. Compliance ensures that PTO shafts meet safety criteria and performance standards applicable to both agricultural and industrial environments. Users can rely on standardized PTO shafts that have undergone testing and certification, offering assurance regarding their reliability and safety.
By considering the factors mentioned above, PTO shafts can be adapted to effectively transfer power in both agricultural and industrial settings. The versatile nature of PTO shafts, coupled with customization options, safety considerations, specialized attachments, and compliance with standards, allows for their successful integration into a wide range of machinery and equipment across various industries.
What safety precautions should be followed when working with PTO shafts?
Working with Power Take-Off (PTO) shafts requires strict adherence to safety precautions to prevent accidents and ensure the well-being of individuals operating or working in the vicinity of the equipment. PTO shafts involve rotating machinery and can pose significant hazards if not handled properly. Here are several important safety precautions that should be followed when working with PTO shafts:
1. Familiarize Yourself with the Equipment: Prior to operating or working near a PTO shaft, it is crucial to thoroughly understand the equipment’s operation, including the specific PTO shaft configuration, safety features, and any associated machinery. Read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions and safety guidelines pertaining to the PTO shaft and associated equipment. Training and familiarity with the equipment are essential to ensure safe practices.
2. Wear Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): When working with PTO shafts, individuals should wear appropriate personal protective equipment to minimize the risk of injury. This may include safety glasses, hearing protection, gloves, and sturdy footwear. PPE protects against potential hazards such as flying debris, noise, and accidental contact with rotating components.
3. Guarding and Shielding: Ensure that the PTO shaft and associated machinery are equipped with appropriate guarding and shielding. Guarding helps prevent accidental contact with rotating parts, reducing the risk of entanglement or injury. PTO shafts should have guard shields covering the rotating shaft and any exposed universal joints. Machinery driven by the PTO shaft should also have adequate guarding in place to protect against contact with moving parts.
4. Securely Fasten and Align PTO Shaft Components: Before operating or connecting the PTO shaft, ensure that all components are securely fastened and aligned. Loose or misaligned components can lead to shaft dislodgement, imbalance, and potential failure. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for proper installation and tightening of couplings, yokes, and other connecting points. Proper alignment is crucial to prevent excessive stress, vibrations, and premature wear on the PTO shaft and associated equipment.
5. Avoid Loose Clothing and Jewelry: Loose clothing, jewelry, or other items that can become entangled in the PTO shaft or associated machinery should be avoided. Secure long hair, tuck in loose clothing, and remove or properly secure any dangling accessories. Loose items can get caught in rotating parts, leading to serious injury or entanglement hazards.
6. Do Not Modify or Remove Safety Features: PTO shafts are equipped with safety features such as guard shields, safety covers, and torque limiters for a reason. These features are designed to protect against potential hazards and should not be modified, bypassed, or removed. Altering or disabling safety features can significantly increase the risk of accidents and injury. If any safety features are damaged or not functioning correctly, they should be repaired or replaced promptly.
7. Shut Down Power Source Before Maintenance: Before performing any maintenance, repairs, or adjustments on the PTO shaft or associated machinery, ensure that the power source is completely shut down and disconnected. This includes turning off the engine, disconnecting power supply, and engaging any safety locks or mechanisms. Lockout/tagout procedures should be followed to prevent accidental energization or startup during maintenance activities.
8. Regular Maintenance and Inspection: Regular maintenance and inspection of the PTO shaft and associated equipment are vital for safe operation. Follow the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule and perform routine inspections to identify any signs of wear, damage, or misalignment. Lubricate universal joints as per the manufacturer’s guidelines to ensure smooth operation. Promptly address any maintenance or repair needs to prevent potential hazards.
9. Training and Communication: Ensure that individuals operating or working near PTO shafts receive proper training on safe work practices, hazard identification, and emergency procedures. Promote clear communication regarding the presence and operation of PTO shafts to prevent accidental contact or interference. Establish effective communication methods, such as signals or radios, when working in teams or near noisy equipment.
10. Be Aware of Surroundings: Maintain situational awareness when working with PTO shafts. Be mindful of the location of bystanders, obstacles, and potential hazards. Ensure a clear and safe work area around the PTO shaft. Avoid distractions and focus on the task at hand to prevent accidents caused by inattention.
By following these safety precautions, individuals can minimize the risk of accidents and injuries when working with PTO shafts. Safety should always be the top priority to ensure a safe and productive work environment.
What is a PTO shaft and how is it used in agricultural and industrial equipment?
A power take-off (PTO) shaft is a mechanical component used in agricultural and industrial equipment to transfer power from a power source, such as an engine or motor, to another machine or implement. It is a driveline shaft that transmits rotational power and torque, allowing the connected equipment to perform various tasks. PTO shafts are commonly used in agricultural machinery, such as tractors, as well as in industrial equipment, including generators, pumps, and construction machinery. Here’s a detailed explanation of what a PTO shaft is and how it is used:
Structure and Components: A typical PTO shaft consists of a hollow metal tube with universal joints at each end. The hollow tube allows the shaft to rotate freely, while the universal joints accommodate angular misalignments between the power source and the driven equipment. The universal joints consist of a cross-shaped yoke with needle bearings, providing flexibility and allowing the transmission of power at varying angles. Some PTO shafts may also include a telescopic section to adjust the length for different equipment setups or to accommodate varying distances between the power source and the driven machine.
Power Transfer: The primary function of a PTO shaft is to transfer power and torque from the power source to the driven equipment. The power source, typically an engine or motor, drives the PTO shaft through a mechanical connection, such as a gearbox or a clutch. As the power source rotates, it transmits rotational force to the PTO shaft. The PTO shaft, in turn, transfers this rotational power and torque to the driven equipment, enabling it to perform its intended function. The torque and rotational speed transmitted through the PTO shaft depend on the power source’s characteristics and the gear ratio or clutch engagement.
Agricultural Applications: In agriculture, PTO shafts are commonly used in tractors to power various implements and attachments. The PTO shaft is connected to the tractor’s power take-off, a rotating drive shaft located at the rear of the tractor. By engaging the PTO clutch, the tractor’s engine power is transferred through the PTO shaft to the attached implements. Agricultural machinery, such as mowers, balers, tillers, sprayers, and grain augers, often rely on PTO shafts to receive power for their operation. The PTO shaft allows the implements to be powered directly by the tractor’s engine, eliminating the need for separate power sources and increasing the versatility and efficiency of agricultural operations.
Industrial Applications: PTO shafts also find extensive use in various industrial applications. Industrial equipment, such as generators, pumps, compressors, and industrial mixers, often incorporate PTO shafts to receive power from engines or electric motors. The PTO shaft connects the power source to the driven equipment, allowing it to operate and perform its intended function. In construction machinery, PTO shafts can be found in equipment like concrete mixers, hydraulic hammers, and post hole diggers, enabling the transfer of power from the machinery’s engine to the specific attachment or tool being used.
Safety Considerations: It is important to note that PTO shafts can pose safety risks if not handled properly. The rotating shaft can cause serious injuries if operators come into contact with it while it is in operation. To ensure safety, PTO shafts are often equipped with shielding or guards that cover the rotating shaft and universal joints, preventing accidental contact. It is crucial to maintain and inspect these safety features regularly to ensure their effectiveness. Additionally, operators should receive proper training on PTO shaft operation, including safe attachment and detachment procedures, as well as the use of personal protective equipment when working near PTO-driven machinery.
In summary, a PTO shaft is a mechanical component used in agricultural and industrial equipment to transmit power and torque from a power source to a driven machine or implement. It enables the direct power transfer from engines or motors to various equipment, increasing efficiency and versatility in agricultural and industrial operations. While PTO shafts offer significant benefits, operators must be aware of the associated safety considerations and take appropriate precautions to prevent accidents and injuries.
editor by CX 2023-09-15